While Paul McCartney’s well-documented vegetarianism is quite fitting in the Verdura Character Series, it's hard to believe Darth Vader could transform into food that hasn’t been farmed and killed. Yet, in this interesting veggie portrayal, he pulls it off well.
The Verdura Character Series is a collection of hilariously cute illustrations that transform well-known pop cultural figures into vegetables. The artist also changes their name to be more veggie appropriate. Instead of the menacing, staff-killing Darth Vader, he’s now Darth Bean, a chubby veggie whose looks almost makes up for his villainous ways. The illustrations include other pop cultural icons such as Bruce Lee, Harry Potter, Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson.
The Verdura Character Series is a great collection of artwork that marries celebrities and vegetables in a creative and hilarious manner.
Delightful Icons Turn Vegan in the Verdura Character Series
1. Pop Culture Vegetables - Creating illustrations of pop culture icons as vegetables opens up possibilities for humorous and creative merchandise and licensing deals.
2. Humorous Character Spin-offs - Transforming well-known characters into strange and quirky versions opens up opportunities for humor-based publishing, merchandise, animation and toy development projects.
3. Shock Value Branding - Using unexpected pairings and branding as a marketing strategy can be effective for both reaching niche audiences and raising brand awareness.
1. Entertainment - Humorous illustrations of popular characters could lead to new TV show, film and animation adaptations, as well as merchandise branding opportunities.
2. Publishing - Publishing books, calendars, stickers, or posters containing the humorous illustrations creates new revenue streams and licensing opportunities.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Pairing well-known pop culture figures with unrelated industries can create a 'shock factor' that attracts attention and leads to opportunities for new branding and marketing efforts.