Coughlans Bakery isn’t vegan itself, it has created many vegan baked goods over the past few years and its latest creation is a vegan bacon wellington that comes in collaboration with plant-based brand THIS. The vegan-friendly holiday dish is made by combining Coughlans’ homemade mushroom-based beef with THIS Isn’t bacon rashers and vegan puff pastry.
The generous dish is designed to serve six and it offers a completely plant-based take on a favorite seasonal dish. As Sean Coughlan, Founder of Coughlans Bakery describes, “I’ve made it my mission to come up with great tasting vegan food by using our traditional skills, so nearly all of our customers can’t tell the difference between the meat and meat-free versions of our pastries."
Image Credit: Coughlans
THIS and Coughlans Bakery Collaborated on a Vegan Bacon Wellington
1. Vegan Food - Opportunity for innovative plant-based food creations like vegan bacon wellingtons.
2. Collaborative Partnerships - Opportunity for collaboration between plant-based brands and traditional bakeries to create vegan-friendly dishes.
3. Meat Alternatives - Opportunity to develop and market plant-based meat substitutes for traditional holiday dishes like beef-based wellingtons.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for bakeries and food brands to expand their offerings with plant-based dishes like vegan bacon wellingtons.
2. Plant-based Products - Opportunity for plant-based brands to partner with traditional bakeries to create innovative vegan-friendly products.
3. Meat Substitutes - Opportunity for companies in the meat substitute industry to create plant-based alternatives for traditional meat dishes, such as beef-based wellingtons.