Having recently partnered with Climeworks, sparkling water brand Vasler -- owned by Coca-Cola -- is now the first drink to derive its fizz from CO2 captured from the atmosphere. This amazing innovation comes from Climeworks' distinct technology that pulls in air and through filters manages to capture CO2, much like an ultra-powerful tree. Prior to this sparkling water, the CO2 was injected deep underground for storage, but Vasler is now providing a commercial solution for the CO2.
This partnership is part of Climeworks plan to increase its facilities on a massive scale. The company has already estimated that it would take around 250,000 carbon removal devices to remove just 1% of the world's CO2 emissions. Thanks to the commercialization of the CO2 byproduct in Vasler, this may be an accomplishable task in the near future.
Vasler and Climeworks are Making Sparkling Water with Atmospheric C02
1. Atmosphere-captured CO2 - The use of atmospheric CO2 in products and beverages presents an opportunity for companies to reduce their carbon footprint while offering innovative and sustainable solutions.
2. Commercialization of CO2 Byproduct - Finding commercial uses for captured CO2 opens up possibilities for creating new revenue streams and addressing the issue of carbon emissions.
3. Massive-scale Carbon Removal Devices - The need for large-scale carbon removal devices presents an opportunity for innovation and investment in technology that can effectively capture and store CO2.
1. Beverage & Bottling Industry - The beverage industry can explore the use of atmosphere-captured CO2 in their products, offering consumers sustainable and carbon-neutral beverage options.
2. Carbon Capture & Storage Industry - The carbon capture and storage industry can capitalize on the commercialization of CO2 byproduct, offering solutions for carbon reduction while creating new business opportunities.
3. Environmental Technology Industry - The environmental technology industry can focus on developing massive-scale carbon removal devices, providing solutions for mitigating climate change and reducing CO2 emissions.