Vanessa Rees’ photography dares to get a little messy. The Brooklyn-based artist embraces imperfection, with shots featuring scattered, disheveled food, often mid-preparation. Rees’s collection captures the clutter that food preparation causes in order to create that one perfect dish.
By embracing flaws, Reese sets her photo collection apart from the picture-perfect food editorials that we’re so used to seeing. Instead, Reese injects a sense of play into each photos, which epitomizes the behind-the-scenes pleasure and enjoyment of creating a dish. Rather than staying static, Rees captures a dynamic journey of creation.
Rees’s photographs are stunning, colorful compositions that will satisfy the visual cravings of any foodie. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about your hunger cravings, but even without satiating your appetite, it’s worth a look.
Feast Your Eyes on Vanessa Rees’s Photography
1. Imperfect Food Photography - Opportunity for photographers to embrace imperfection and capture the beauty of scattered, disheveled food.
2. Playful Food Photography - Opportunity for photographers to inject a sense of play and dynamic journey into food photography, moving away from static compositions.
3. Behind-the-scenes Food Photography - Opportunity for photographers to capture the pleasure and enjoyment of creating a dish by showcasing the clutter and messiness of food preparation.
1. Food Photography - Food photographers can explore new creative approaches by embracing imperfection and the behind-the-scenes process of food preparation.
2. Art and Design - Artists and designers can draw inspiration from Vanessa Rees's approach to food photography, embracing imperfections and injecting playfulness into their work.
3. Food and Culinary - The food and culinary industry can leverage imperfect food photography to showcase the authenticity and craftsmanship behind the dishes, appealing to food enthusiasts.