McDonald's partnered with the American federal government to deliver a branded COVID-19 vaccine promotion. The campaign is part of President Biden's 'We Can Do This' initiative, which aims to increase public education about the vaccine. The slogan "We Can Do This" will be branded onto McCafé coffee cups and McDelivery stickers alongside links to information about the vaccine. The campaign will also be shared on social media with the #WeCanDoThis tag.
The vaccine promotion's branding has a simple design that combines light blue tones and blocky lettering with McDonald's classic coffee cup branding. The campaign will increase the vaccine's visibility and accessibility by drawing on McDonald's large customer base. The vaccine promotion comes at a critical time for the US as many people still need to get their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Image Credit: Insider
McDonald's Teamed with the White House for a Vaccine Campaign
1. Fast Food-collaborated Vaccine Promotions - Fast food chains collaborating with government campaigns to promote vaccines could increase the awareness and accessibility of vaccines, while highlighting the brands themselves.
2. Branded Vaccine Delivery - Branded vaccine promotions delivered by large corporations could bring a sense of familiarity and comfort to the vaccination process, potentially increasing vaccine uptake.
3. Vaccine Education Through Marketing and Advertising - Partnering with brands to disseminate vaccine education and information through marketing and advertising strategies could positively impact vaccine education and uptake.
1. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains could partner with government initiatives to promote health-related campaigns and ultimately increase their own brand visibility and reputation.
2. Pharmaceutical and Health Industry - Collaborating with large corporations to promote vaccines and increase education about them, could lead to increased trust and credibility for the pharmaceutical and health industries.
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Marketing and advertising agencies could work with brands and governments to create innovative campaigns that present vaccination in a positive light and increase their reach and effectiveness.