In an effort to curtail vaccine hesitancy and promote education across the country, Unilever recently announced the brand will deliver truckloads of free ice cream to vaccination sites on May 14th. These trucks will be at key vaccination sites where hesitancy is high and will offer frozen treats to newly vaccinated people, vaccine site workers, and volunteers in major cities such as NYC, LA, St. Louis, Memphis, Dallas-Fort Worth and Phoenix.
The program to “make vaccinations sweeter” is launching on Unilever’s second annual Day of Service (May 14th). The initiative hopes to encourage all Americans to learn more about the vaccine and engage in an act of service. In addition, those that share a photo of their act of service on Twitter with the hashtag #DoGoodWithUnilever are eligible for a chance to win free ice cream.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Unilever Makes Vaccinations Sweeter with Free Ice Cream at Vax Sites
1. Vaccine Promotion - Incorporate fun and engaging promotions, like offering free ice cream, to encourage vaccine uptake.
2. Corporate Philanthropy - Leverage your brand to increase awareness and participation in community service events.
3. Social Media Campaigns - Utilize social media to amplify and reward acts of service by your audience and promote brand goodwill.
1. Food and Beverage - Partner with health organizations or government agencies for similar initiatives that encourage healthy behavior, such as free healthy snack giveaways at wellness events.
2. Pharmaceuticals - Collaborate with community organizations to offer vaccination clinics at population centers, incentivizing participants with free pharmaceuticals or healthcare products.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Develop marketing campaigns that promote social responsibility and incentivize civic involvement to improve brand equity.