At the 2016 Expo West, JicaChips is continuing to expand the number of unique vegetable chips available.
The Mexican turnip or jicima is an edible root with a brown skin and a white flesh that's juicy like a pear. This unusual vegetable can be eaten on its own, but JicaChips is making the vegetable even more appealing for snacking on as a chip. These vegetable chips are now being offered in tantalizing flavors: Sea Salt, Smoked BBQ, Spicy Soy Ginger and White Cheddar. At California's Natural Products Expo West, JicaChips introduced an additional sweet-savory flavors like Cinnamon Sugar and Chili Lime.
A rise in health-conscious snacking has created a high demand for alternative fruit and vegetable chips, including those made from unexpected ingredients like spinach, Brussels sprouts, pineapple and peaches.
Jica Chips are Unique Vegetable Chips Made from Mexican Turnips
1. Alternative Vegetable Chips - The trend of alternative fruit and vegetable chips, made from unique and unexpected ingredients, is rising due to the demand for healthier snacking options.
2. Sweet and Savory Flavor Pairings - The combination of sweet and savory flavors in chips is growing in popularity, as seen in the introduction of JicaChips' Cinnamon Sugar and Chili Lime flavors.
3. Expansion of Unique Vegetable Chip Offerings - Companies like JicaChips are continuing to expand the number of unique vegetable chips available, presenting opportunities for competitors to enter the market with their own innovation.
1. Snack Food Industry - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to invest in creating healthier snack chip options to meet the rising demand for alternative fruit and vegetable chips.
2. Food Manufacturing Industry - There is a potential opportunity for food manufacturers to explore innovative ways of creating chips from unexpected and unique ingredients like jicama, expanding the variety of options available to consumers.
3. Agricultural Industry - With the demand for unique vegetable chip options like jicama, there is an opportunity for farmers to grow and supply more of these vegetables to meet the needs of the growing industry.