Dr Irena Eris launched a sub-brand called 'Under Twenty' to specifically address the skincare concerns of Gen Z—with a particular focus on teenage girls with acne.
Under Twenty boasts a bright and splashy identity, with three main colors that are used to differentiate its product lines. While daily care products can easily be recognized in their teal-colored tubes, Under Twenty created an entire cleansing series for special tasks in red. Outside of the skincare solutions it offers, the brand also delivers makeup products—like a mattifying, antibacterial BB cream—in light pink packaging.
Some of the standout products in Under Twenty's purifying and care series include four-in-one cleansing gels, face masks formulated with carbon and white clay and plenty of other solutions with powerful acne-banishing antibacterial properties.
Under Twenty Offers Inventive Acne Solutions & Antibacterial Makeup
1. Gen Z Skincare Innovation - The rise of acne-targeted skincare solutions catered to the unique needs of Gen Z opens up opportunities for inventing new formulations, packaging and marketing strategies.
2. Antibacterial Makeup - The demand for antibacterial makeup represents a gap in the market and can lead to the creation of new products focused on hygiene, particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Specialized Packaging for Daily Care Products - Creating specialized packaging for daily care products, such as the distinctive teal tubes used by Under Twenty, can be an opportunity to create recognizable branding and design and improve shelf appeal.
1. Skincare - The skincare industry can use this trend to innovate their offerings to cater better to the unique needs of the Gen Z demographic.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetics companies can take a cue from Under Twenty's antibacterial BB cream and develop products that cater to the growing demand for hygiene-centric makeup solutions.
3. Packaging Design - Through Under Twenty's branding, the packaging industry can discover opportunities in creating visually distinct products that promote brand recognition and enhance shelf appeal.