You wouldn't want to find yourself sitting in any of the 'Uncomfortable Chairs' found in this collection of seats designed by Jack Marple given the way that they will mess with your balance, comfort and sense of contentment.
The chairs consist of three different styles including Dumped, Stabbed and Tipped, which have all been designed with a certain focus on causing some sort of uneasiness or discomfort. The Dumped enables you to relive getting dumped by a partner, the Stabbed puts a point in your back to mimic being stabbed, while the Tipped is missing a leg to remind you that you can lose balance at any time.
The 'Uncomfortable Chairs' are something of an artistic expression of life events that speak to the human spirit to always land on their feet despite hardships.
The 'Uncomfortable Chairs' Draw Inspiration from Life Events
1. Satirical Seating Designs - Create chairs that intentionally cause discomfort and uneasiness as a form of artistic expression.
2. Emotional Experience Furniture - Design furniture pieces that evoke emotional responses and connect with users on a deeper level.
3. Interactive Design Experiences - Develop interactive furniture designs that engage users physically and emotionally.
1. Furniture Design - Incorporate unconventional elements and concepts into furniture designs to create unique and thought-provoking pieces.
2. Art and Sculpture - Explore the boundaries of art and sculpture by incorporating functional elements into uncomfortable seating designs.
3. Psychology and Emotional Well-being - Apply psychological principles to furniture design to create experiences that provoke self-reflection and personal growth.