Argentine design studio Sinopsis has designed an umbrella called the 'Umbrella Recollector,' which is designed to collect and filter rainwater, thereby making it drinkable.
The Umbrella Recollector contains a cone-shaped collector at the top from where rainwater enters. The knob of the umbrella can be adjusted and screwed onto disposable bottles to collect water. Furthermore, the umbrella features a built-in purification system to ensure the water is safe to drink.
Implications - Now, I'm not exactly sure if the Umbrella Recollector is designed for people who don't use water bottles and live in rainy cities, but I'm floored at the concept. The power of modern technology is staggering, and the Umbrella Recollector belongs at the top of the list of 'things I fantasized about 'cause I thought they were funny but never thought they would come to fruition.'
The Umbrella Recollector Can Filter Rainwater for Drinking Purposes
1. Rainwater Harvesting Innovation - The Umbrella Recollector presents an opportunity to innovate rainwater harvesting methods through portable and easily accessible technology.
2. Sustainable Water Solutions - The Umbrella Recollector can help in addressing the need for sustainable and eco-friendly ways of procuring drinking water.
3. Personalized Water Purification - The built-in purification system in the Umbrella Recollector presents an opportunity to innovate personalized and on-the-go water purification options.
1. Outdoor and Adventure Gear - The Umbrella Recollector can disrupt the outdoor and adventure gear industry by offering a multi-functional and innovative product that caters to the need for drinking water while on the go.
2. Water Purification and Filtration - The Umbrella Recollector can disrupt the water purification and filtration industry by introducing a portable and accessible solution for purifying and filtering rainwater.
3. Sustainable Infrastructure - The concept of the Umbrella Recollector can inspire innovation in sustainable infrastructure through the integration of rainwater collection and purification systems in public spaces.