A new mobile app, Tweet-A-Beer, now allows you to treat your friend to a beer! The Tweet-A-Beer app was developed by 'tenfour' and Waggener Edstorm, and has debuted at the SXSW at Austin, Texas.
This app works only if both the treater and the friend have a Twitter and a Paypal account. Since it is still physically not possible to send a chilled beer over the internet, this app powered by Chirpify (a Twitter payment app), allows you to do the next best thing. When you Tweet-A-Beer, you transfer USD 5 into the Paypal account of your friend. You can also add the name, place and time of the pub you would want to get together at, to make good on your offer.
This app is like an online gift card for beer. Now you can treat your friends to a beer anytime you want, even your out-of-town friends!
Buy a Round of Beer for Your Twitter Friends with Tweet-A-Beer
1. Digital Gifting - The Tweet-A-Beer app allows users to digitally send beer as a gift, opening up new opportunities for online gifting platforms.
2. Social Payment Apps - Chirpify's integration with Tweet-A-Beer highlights the growing trend of social payment apps that enable transactions on social media platforms.
3. Remote Socializing - The ability to treat friends to a beer through Tweet-A-Beer enables remote socializing and strengthens connections across distances.
1. Mobile Payment - The integration of Paypal and Chirpify in Tweet-A-Beer is an innovative move in the mobile payment industry, presenting opportunities for further advancement.
2. Social Networking - The collaboration between Twitter and Tweet-A-Beer showcases the potential for social networking platforms to incorporate e-commerce functionalities.
3. Hospitality - The inclusion of pub information in Tweet-A-Beer presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the hospitality industry to leverage digital gifting and social media.