This inforgraphic shows current tween social media usage within the digital age. Today, 48% of girls between the ages of six and twelve already have a cell phone, and 51% of them are smartphones. They are texting, ‘Facebooking’ and perusing YouTube for media exposure. This concept of having to learn and adapt to technology and social media at such a young is constantly growing.
Now kids are searching for new apps to use on their smartphones to communicate with others. It’s interesting to see how children have learned to use technology in such an easy and efficient way that many kids couldn’t do in the past without technology. These tween social media statistics define kids making a drastic change with new mobile technology.
This Infographic Shows How Teens Use Social Media
1. Younger Generations' Mobile Technology Usage - Opportunities to create apps and digital platforms specifically catered towards younger generations.
2. Increased Importance of Social Media Usage in Childhood Development - Opportunities to create social media platforms that are tailored towards children for healthy uses.
3. Growing Need for Digital Literacy Education - Opportunities to create educational digital literacy programs for parents and educators to better prepare younger generations for technology.
1. Technology - Opportunities for technology companies to create innovative applications and platforms targeted towards younger generations.
2. Education - Opportunities for educational institutions to prioritize digital literacy education and develop new programs and curriculums around it.
3. Social Media - Opportunities for social media companies to create child-friendly platforms with measures in place for child safety and protection.