Grey Group Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) recently collaborated on an interactive tourism campaign that showcases two heritage neighborhoods in Hong Kong, China.
To experience Central and Sheung Wan in Hong Kong to the fullest as part of this campaign, those in the area are being invited to interact with art-inspired QR codes. These codes connect mobile device users to four different routes that show off each area's rich history through monuments, galleries and experiences like tea tastings. Each of the distinctly themed routes focuses on a different aspect of the area, such as Tasting Hong Kong, Crazy for Art, Time Traveler and Treasure Hunt.
These artfully designed QR codes can be found at various locations throughout the districts and will direct users to a mobile page once scanned.
The Hong Kong Tourism Board is Sharing the City with Artfully Designed Codes
1. Interactive QR Campaigns - Businesses can develop QR code campaigns that immerse customers in an interactive experience, showcasing their products or services in a unique way
2. Art-inspired QR Codes - Combining art with technology, businesses can create QR codes that offer more than just information, but also an aesthetically pleasing and memorable experience
3. Heritage Tourism - With the rise of interest in cultural and experiential travel, businesses in the tourism industry can highlight the rich history and heritage of a destination to attract visitors
1. Tourism - The tourism industry can leverage QR codes to create interactive experiences that showcase the unique features of a destination, promoting cultural and heritage tourism
2. Retail - Retail stores can use QR codes to provide a unique shopping experience, offering customers access to exclusive content or promotions through art-inspired codes
3. Art and Culture - Art galleries and cultural institutions can incorporate QR codes into their exhibits, providing visitors with more information and interactive elements to enhance their experience