Mega-fashion brand TOPSHOP has recently launched an augmented reality shopping tool, TOPSHOP Kinect, that will help their customers try on their collection sans dressing room.
The brand worked with Russian agency AR Door and launched the augmented reality change room last week in Moscow. The TOPSHOP Kinect uses Microsoft's Xbox Kinect software to create these virtual mirrors.
All the user simply has to do is pose with their arms above their heads and allow for the Kinect to take a photo. Then, with no touch screen, viewers can motion their hands to try on the different styles programmed into the application. The built-in camera scans the body and places the garment over top, following a user's every movement.
The TOPSHOP Kinect change room is the first of its kind to hit major retail stores.
TOPSHOP Kinect Allows the Users to Try Clothes On Sans Change Rooms
1. Augmented Reality Shopping - The adoption of augmented reality technology in the retail industry creates opportunities for businesses to provide an immersive shopping experience without the need for physical change rooms.
2. Virtual Mirror Technology - The development of virtual mirror technology, such as the TOPSHOP Kinect, revolutionizes the way customers try on clothes and opens up possibilities for other industries to utilize similar augmented reality tools.
3. Gesture-based Interactions - The use of gesture-based interactions in augmented reality shopping tools, like the TOPSHOP Kinect, presents disruptive innovation opportunities for improving user experiences in various industries.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retail can leverage augmented reality technology to enhance the online shopping experience by allowing customers to virtually try on clothes and accessories, increasing conversion rates and reducing return rates.
2. Technology Retail - Technology retail stores can integrate virtual mirror technology, similar to the TOPSHOP Kinect, to provide customers with a hands-on experience of trying out gadgets and devices before making a purchase, improving customer satisfaction and driving sales.
3. Fitness and Wellness - The fitness and wellness industry can benefit from gesture-based augmented reality tools by offering personalized workout experiences with interactive trainers and real-time feedback, enhancing user engagement and motivation.