Spoiler Alert! Aminat and Alison weren’t the only two on Tyra’s chopping block during last night’s season finale of America’s Next Top Model. Legendary supermodel Paulina Porizkova, who just completed her judging role in Cycle 12, has revealed she was fired last month on her 44th birthday. She told Craig Ferguson of the “Late Late Show” that she was in Los Angeles looking for a new job.
“The reason I was told I was fired was because it seemed that ‘America’s Top Model’ had gotten too fat, and they needed to cut some fat, and the fat was me,” said Porizkova.
In the interview, she admits she has a “gigantic, huge ego,” making this seem a classic case of supermodel rivalry. My guess is that it isn’t really as dramatic as the press would like it to be, but I’ll still be waiting for the Team Tyra/Team Paulina tees when they come out.
Tyra Fires Judge Paulina Porizkova For Being “Too Fat” for Top Mo
1. Body Image Standards - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating inclusive beauty standards that challenge the notion of 'too fat' in the modeling industry.
2. Supermodel Rivalry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing a platform that encourages collaboration and support among supermodels, rather than fostering rivalry.
3. Empowering Models - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing resources and platforms for models to have a voice and advocate for their rights and well-being.
1. Fashion and Modeling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative modeling agencies and platforms that prioritize diverse representation and body positivity.
2. Media and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new media outlets that challenge beauty standards and promote a more inclusive and empowering narrative for aspiring models.
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing technology, like virtual reality, to redefine beauty standards and provide a more immersive and inclusive modeling experience.