In an effort to make its menu even more accessible to vegetarians and vegans, California Tortilla has added a new tofu protein option
From October 19 until January 17, California Tortilla will be offering a new tofu protein option at all of its 40+ locations. Though the chain has always been a destination for vegetarians due to its wide range of veggies and other non-meat proteins, the addition of tofu is a whole new ball game. Now, customers can get their daily dose of protein in the form of marinated tofu that's vegan-friendly, organic, GMO-free, gluten-free, and kosher. As California Tortilla COO and Executive Chef Keith Goldman explains, "We have always had a very vegan- and vegetarian-friendly menu, but the industry is seeing a huge push for additional non-meat protein options, and that’s something we’re really excited to accommodate."
Image Credit: California Tortilla
California Tortilla Just Added a New Tofu Protein Option for a Limited Time
1. Vegetarian and Vegan Protein Options - The addition of tofu to California Tortilla's menu reflects the growing demand for non-meat protein options.
2. Catering to Dietary Restrictions - California Tortilla's tofu protein option offers a variety of certifications, such as vegan-friendly, organic, GMO-free, gluten-free, and kosher, catering to different dietary preferences.
3. Expanding Vegetarian Offerings - California Tortilla's introduction of tofu as a protein option expands their vegetarian menu items, catering to a wider range of customers.
1. Fast Casual Restaurants - The growing demand for vegetarian and vegan protein options presents an opportunity for fast casual restaurants to diversify their menus.
2. Food Delivery Services - Food delivery services can capitalize on the trend of catering to dietary restrictions by offering tofu protein options for vegetarian and vegan customers.
3. Plant-based Food Manufacturers - Plant-based food manufacturers can seize the opportunity to develop innovative tofu products to meet the increasing demand for non-meat protein options.