Designer Tim van de Weerd did not intend for his product to be hidden between the sofa and the wall; his threaded magazine rack makes a striking statement that draws its own attention. Responsible for the simple task of holding a stack of reading materials, this object has an unexpected composition that changes as its contents do.
The MagazineRek has a flexible steel frame, finished in a crisp white coating. Perforations in the metal accommodate the stitching of elastic cords that thread beneath a couple of low braces. The resultant stretchy surface creates slots for narrower journals and books, plus it sinks down beneath the weight of more items as a pile gets higher. The more you give it, the more stable the threaded magazine rack becomes.
This Threaded Magazine Rack Stretches for Increased Stability
1. Flexible Design - The threaded magazine rack showcases the trend of flexible design, allowing for adaptability and customization.
2. Multi-functional Storage - The threaded magazine rack exemplifies the trend of multi-functional storage, providing a stylish solution for organizing reading materials.
3. Innovative Material Usage - The use of elastic cords and flexible steel frame in the threaded magazine rack highlights the trend of innovative material usage in product design.
1. Furniture and Home Decor - The threaded magazine rack presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the furniture and home decor industry, by offering a unique and stylish storage solution.
2. Publishing and Printing - The threaded magazine rack opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the publishing and printing industry, as it provides a visually appealing way to organize and showcase reading materials.
3. Interior Design - The threaded magazine rack offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the interior design industry, by combining functionality and aesthetics in storage solutions.