ThisIsNotaSushibar is a new restaurant in Milan that offers discounts to diners based on their Instagram follower count. After one has received their order, taken a picture of the dish and tagged the brand on Instagram, the next dish—or next few dishes—a patron orders may be free.
As ThisIsNotaSushibar is a new restaurant, this system is being used to generate buzz through social media and encourage people to get rewarded for something they already likely do—taking pictures of their food.
Instagram users with a following of 1,000 to 5,000 users have the chance to get a complimentary plate of sushi or sashimi, while those with up to 100,000 followers can claim up to eight plates of food on the house.
Milan's ThisIsNotaSushibar Offers Discounts Based on Follower Counts
1. Social Media Discounts - Implementing social media incentives such as discounts based on follower counts can increase online engagement and customer loyalty.
2. User-generated Content (UGC) - Encouraging customers to share their experiences on social media can generate buzz and provide valuable UGC for promotional materials.
3. Gamification - Incorporating a game-like element of chance in promotions like free dishes for customers can attract more customers and make the dining experience more fun.
1. Restaurants - Restaurants can leverage social media to increase brand awareness, customer engagement, and loyalty by implementing promotions that reward customers for sharing their experiences on social media.
2. Social Media Platforms - Social media platforms can partner with restaurants to offer incentives like discounts to users who share content on their platform, increasing user engagement and platform usage.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can work with restaurants to create effective social media campaigns that encourage customers to share content on social media and increase brand awareness and engagement.