'Theorycraft Games' is a game studio staffed by game development industry veterans. The studio is currently working on its inaugural MOBA-inspired title, 'Loki.' Loki is a stylized "pop-apocalyptic" fantasy game full of vibrant colors and whimsical characters. The game will feature both player-versus-player and player-versus-everything content.
Theorcraft Games recently closed a Series B round of funding where it raised $50 million USD. Thes funds will be used for game development and quality improvements on Loki. The company did not explicitly state where the funds would be allocated to.
Joe Trung, the CEo and co-founder of Theorycraft Games, stated: “What’s attracted both talent and investors to our cause is our conviction that great games serve fundamental human needs, and a studio that’s hellbent on serving those needs—above market trends, novel tech, or endless sequels — is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on the industry we love,” when speaking on the successful funding round and the wealth of support from the industry.
Image Credit: Theorycraft Games
Theorycraft Games Raised an Extra $50 Million in Series B Funding
1. Stylized Indie Games - There is potential for more investors to fund unique and creative indie games with stylized visuals and unconventional themes.
2. Moba-inspired Titles - Developing MOBA-inspired games can cater to the growing demand for eSports and offer a competitive gaming experience for players.
3. Fundamental Human Needs - Creating video games that cater to fundamental human needs can provide an opportunity for companies to stand out in the industry and attract both talent and investors.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can continue to capitalize on the rising demand for unique and creative indie games with stylized visuals and unconventional themes, as well as the growing popularity of MOBA-inspired titles.
2. Esports - As MOBA-inspired games offer a competitive gaming experience, there is potential for more investment and growth in the eSports industry.
3. Technology - Innovation in technology can create new opportunities for companies to create games that cater to fundamental human needs, providing a unique selling point and attracting investors.