To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Shangri-La hotel in Dubai offered a stay at its rooms for just a few dollars. Expensive hotels in Dubai are hardly few and far between, and the five-star Shangri-La hotel took a completely different approach to charging for its luxury suites. On the day of its 10th anniversary, the first 10 patrons to book a room online and plug in a special promotional code could spend a night in one of the hotel's suites for just three dollars.
The Shangri-La also extended the festivities to children born on the same day of the hotel's opening, offering them a free meal at the Dunes Café with up to 10 guests.
The Shangri-La Hotel in Dubai Charged Three Dollars for Its Rooms
1. Micro-pricing - Opportunity to disrupt traditional pricing models by offering extremely low prices to celebrate milestones or attract new customers.
2. Promotional Campaigns - Creating buzz and engaging customers by offering unique promotions and experiences to celebrate special occasions.
3. Customer Loyalty - Building customer loyalty and goodwill by offering special perks and benefits to long-time customers.
1. Hospitality - Opportunity to attract new customers and generate buzz through unique promotional campaigns and micro-pricing strategies.
2. Luxury Hotels - Disrupting traditional pricing models in the luxury hotel industry by offering limited-time, heavily discounted rates to celebrate milestones.
3. Food and Beverage - Enhancing customer experience and fostering loyalty by offering special perks and benefits to celebrate milestones or special occasions.