'The Mushroom' is a low-profile guesthouse designed by ZJJZ Atelier, a Shanghai-based architecture firm, for the Tree Wow hotel in Jiangxi, China. Inspired by the Chinese folktale about an alluring fairy, The Mushroom guesthouse is meant to similarly captivate and enchant its occupants, insulating them from the stressors of busy city life through the soothing natural sights.
The Mushroom's exterior is defined by its lightly textured concrete walls, light pine shingles, and distinct conical roof reminiscent of a castle tower. The guesthouse is set on stilts to encourage natural growth underneath, further nesting it within the pine forest. The interior looks modern and minimalist and features a guest room with a wraparound window, offering a wide-angle panoramic view of the surrounding environment. The Mushroom guesthouse was developed alongside 'The Seeds' cabins, located within the Tree Wow hotel.
Image Credit: Dezeen/ZJJZ Atelier
'The Mushroom' Guesthouse is Inspired By a Chinese Folktale
1. Nature-inspired Architecture - Exploring sustainable and innovative design inspired by the natural world.
2. Minimalist Guest Houses - Creating unique and serene spaces that offer reprieve to travellers and busy professionals alike.
3. Elevated Cabins & Lookouts - Designing elevated, eco-friendly structures that preserve and highlight natural landscapes.
1. Hospitality Industry - Offering unique and restful accommodations within natural settings.
2. Architecture and Design Industry - Creating innovative, eco-friendly structures and interior design aesthetics that inspire and captivate.
3. Tourism Industry - Developing nature-based experiences that offer reprieve from city life for travellers, wellness seekers or nature-lovers.