Composed of 1000 inflated and LED-illuminated PVC globes, The Dome by Hector Serrano was featured at Coachella 2013 and excited festival goers with a visual delight.
According to Deezen, "Each LED is connected to a computerized system, which relays a combination of around 50 different patterns of light and color." There is a crowd-sourced aspect to this installation as the light show can be controlled by a smartphone or tablet with an easily accessible program for download. The silent space provides the festival revelers with a look beyond the festival's music scene incorporating the forward-thinking work of the Spanish designer and his firm 'Borealis.'
The Dome by Hector Serrano was inspired by the Pantheon dome in Rome. It is a modern interpretation that fuses illuminating technology for an immersive experience into the realm of neoteric installation.
The Dome by Hector Serrano Provided Visual Spectacle at Coachella
1. Inflatable Dome Installations - The use of inflatable dome structures in installations provides opportunities for immersive and visually captivating experiences.
2. Smartphone-controlled Light Shows - Creating installations with light shows that can be controlled by smartphones opens up possibilities for interactive and crowd-sourced experiences.
3. Fusion of Traditional and Modern Design - The fusion of traditional architectural inspirations, like the Pantheon dome, with modern technology creates unique and innovative installation designs.
1. Event Planning and Production - Event planning and production companies can explore the use of inflatable dome structures for creating visually stunning and immersive experiences at various events.
2. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers can create innovative smartphone-controlled lighting applications for installations, expanding the possibilities of interactive experiences.
3. Architectural Design - Architects and designers can incorporate the fusion of traditional architectural inspirations and modern technology into their designs, reimagining spaces and structures.