'The Brothel Project' is a documentary following the lives of journalist/activist Jody Paterson and former sex worker Lauren Casey as they journey towards creating the first ever co-operative brothel in Victoria, British Columbia. There they meet and work with Harvi (booking agent/business woman) and Mia (a young prostitute), hoping to decriminalize and regulate the prostitution industry to create a safer environment for sex workers.
Tantalizingly controversial, 'The Brothel Project' ultimately begs the question of whether or not the decriminalization of prostitution would be morally irresponsible due to the millions of women struggling within the sex trade.
Would you agree to the buying, selling and exploitation of women?
Additional Image Credits:
< rel="nofollow" href="http://www.globalmaritimes.com/Brothel+Project+photo+gallery/3098370/story.html">Global Maritimes
'The Brothel Project' Looks to Start First Ever Legalized Brothel in Canada
1. Co-operative Brothels - Prostitution industry is moving towards co-operative models, which may offer increased safety and working conditions for sex workers.
2. Decriminalization of Prostitution - Legalization and regulation of prostitution can offer opportunities for sex workers to work safely, avoid exploitation, improve public health, and reduce sex trafficking.
3. Activism and Advocacy in Prostitution - The rise of advocacy groups, lobbyists, and activist movements is an indication that positive change is happening in the prostitution industry, leading to improved working conditions, better regulation, and fair labor practices.
1. Sex Industry - The legal and regulatory framework around sex work has the potential to be transformed, resulting in positive changes in the industry, such as improved working conditions, better regulation, and fair labor practices.
2. Media and Entertainment - Documentaries and other forms of media can help educate and advocate for change in the sex industry and help create a safer and more equitable society.
3. Hospitality - Hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality industries may have a role to play in advocating for greater regulation and safety within the sex industry, as well as providing support services for sex workers to ensure their safety and well-being.