The Tesco Google Glass app lets shoppers browse a variety of household and food products or scan bar codes in order to gain access to signature offers. Using a Google Glass wearable device, Tesco shoppers are able to take their grocery experience to new heights with the help of augmented reality software.
Following in the footsteps of retailers such as Selfridges -- stunning audiences with its augmented reality shop windows -- Tesco enhances the shopping experience of its patrons with its immersive Tesco Google Glass platform.
In addition to helping shoppers find a desired product, this app also offers nutritional information for food products and lets users connect to a virtual shopping cart in order to get groceries delivered right to their door.
The Tesco Google Glass App Lets Shoppers Find Products and Promotions
1. Ar-powered Grocery Shopping - Grocery retailers are adopting AR technology to enhance the shopping experience and offer new ways of browsing and purchasing products.
2. Augmented Reality Product Information - AR technology is being used to provide shoppers with in-depth nutritional information and other product details in a hands-free and interactive way, creating opportunities for more informed purchases.
3. Virtual Shopping Cart Technology - The use of virtual shopping carts allows for a seamless and convenient checkout process, ultimately increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
1. Grocery Retail - Grocery retailers are exploring new ways of incorporating AR technology and virtual shopping carts to provide customers with a unique and enhanced shopping experience.
2. Wearable Technology - The use of wearable technology, such as Google Glass, is becoming increasingly popular in retail as a way to offer hands-free and convenient browsing and purchasing options.
3. Delivery Services - The availability of virtual shopping carts and grocery delivery services presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to expand on their delivery capabilities and provide customers with a more seamless shopping experience.