Based in Sydney, Australia, this tech accelerator is focused on social innovation that helps people with disabilities. Remarkable Accelerator is hosting a 16 week program aimed at creating new ventures that solve problems for the disabled.
Even more specifically, they want to focus on building technology that will help people with disabilities. The first class begins on April 6, 2016. The five or six participating startups will receive $20,000 in seed money to develop their technologies.
Described as "Australia's first disability-focused impact accelerator," Remarkable intends to foster an environment that helps inclusivity-minded tech startups grow. The tech accelerator has also partnered with charitable organizations including a division of the Cerebral Palsy Alliance and Telstra Foundation.
Tech Accelerator Remarkable is Helping Startups Help the Disabled
1. Social Innovation for Disabilities - Opportunity for startups to develop groundbreaking technologies that solve problems and improve the lives of people with disabilities.
2. Inclusive Tech Startups - Focus on fostering an environment that helps inclusivity-minded tech startups grow and thrive.
3. Disability-focused Impact Accelerators - Emergence of specialized accelerators dedicated to supporting and funding startups focused on creating solutions for people with disabilities.
1. Assistive Technology - The development of innovative technologies and solutions to aid people with disabilities in their daily lives.
2. Healthcare Technology - Opportunities for startups to create advancements in healthcare technology specifically designed to empower and support individuals with disabilities.
3. Social Impact Investing - Growth of investment opportunities in startups focusing on social impact, particularly those addressing the needs of people with disabilities.