The conceptual 'Sweeper' Van comes as a modern take on the broom wagon that follows racers along during bicycle races like the Tour de France to provide support should it be needed by the participants.
Rather than looking like a traditional van, the vehicle incorporates a missing midsection that will enable bikes to be stored during transportation. The rear section offers ample space for riders to sit and rest after overexertion or injury to ensure they are supported as much as possible.
The conceptual 'Sweeper' Van is the design work of Florian Mack and Sebastian Russ, and identifies what can be done to make specialty vehicles more personalized for different functionalities or activities.
Image Credit: Florian Mack, Sebastian Russ
The 'Sweeper' Van is a Futuristic Take on the Broom Wagon
1. Customized Support Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing support vehicles tailored to specific functionalities or activities.
2. Compact Bike Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating innovative ways to transport bicycles in a more space-efficient manner.
3. Enhanced Support for Athletes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing vehicles that provide even better support and comfort for athletes during races.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redesigning support vehicles in the automotive industry to meet the specific needs of sports events.
2. Sports and Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing specialized support vehicles for sporting events that enhance the overall experience for athletes.
3. Transportation and Logistics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Streamlining the transportation of bicycles by incorporating innovative solutions for efficient bike transportation.