A series of support robots are expected to appear on Olympic and Paralympic sites during the Tokyo 2020 events. Manufactured by Japanese manufacturer Toyota, the robots are designed to assist staff and attendees who might be in need of assistance.
A total of 16 support robots will be deployed accross the event. The tech will be able to carry out simple tasks such as guide people to their seats and transport beverages and food. Toyota's contribution to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games is designed to bring a higher degree of safety and comfort to the event. In addition, the support robots are specifically meant to "assist wheelchair users to carry their items."
The integration of support robots into the framework of the global event fits the mandate of Tokyo to utilize "the world's best technologies" for the Games.
Toyota Deploys Robots for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
1. Accessibility-focused Support Robots - The development of robotic assistance to aid individuals with disabilities and assist with everyday tasks will continue to be a trend in industries beyond event management, such as healthcare and home assistance.
2. Robotic Customer Service - The use of advanced robotics and AI to provide customer service and support will become increasingly common in industries such as retail, hospitality, and transportation.
3. Sports Technology - The integration of technology, such as robots, into sporting events and the sports industry will continue to provide new and innovative opportunities for enhanced fan experiences and athlete performance.
1. Event Management - The development and integration of robotic support systems to improve attendees' experiences and event staff efficiency in major events is an emerging area for event management companies to explore and expand upon.
2. Healthcare - Advanced robotics and AI will continue to play an increasingly important role in the healthcare industry, by assisting with more routine tasks, freeing up healthcare professionals to address more complex patient needs.
3. Retail and Hospitality - The use of robotics and AI in customer service will enable businesses such as retail and hospitality to automate more routine tasks, freeing up employees to provide more personalized, human experiences for customers.