In order to kick off the release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, an augmented reality superhero poster campaign was launched across Australia.
Interactive touchscreen panels were set up in public, which had people pick one of the heroes. From there, a photo was taken of a person's face so that it could be superimposed onto either the torso of Batman or Superman. Once finished, a user could opt to share their 'Super Selfies' on social media.
This campaign is just one great example of how augmented reality is being used to put audiences in the shoes of their favorite film characters. While these panels were set up in outdoor locations in Sydney and Brisbane, it's easy to imagine that they'd be just as effective inside of a movie theater.
These AR Posters Transform People into Batman or Superman
1. Augmented Reality Experiences - Creating augmented reality experiences that allow people to immerse themselves in their favorite film characters presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for marketing and entertainment industries.
2. Interactive Advertising Campaigns - Designing interactive advertising campaigns that engage audiences and encourage social media sharing through augmented reality can revolutionize the marketing industry.
3. Personalized Brand Experiences - Providing personalized brand experiences by using augmented reality technology to allow customers to become part of their favorite films can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for entertainment and advertising sectors.
1. Marketing - The marketing industry can leverage augmented reality technology to create engaging campaigns that connect with audiences on a more personal level.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore the possibilities of augmented reality to enhance fan experiences and create immersive interactions with beloved film characters.
3. Advertising - The advertising industry can utilize augmented reality to develop interactive campaigns that not only capture attention but also drive social media engagement and brand awareness.