This Super Bowl teaser ad is short and sweet. Every year, the sporting event sends brands into a marketing frenzy as many attempts to curate entertaining commercials to air on the big day. This year, MTN DEW is starting to build on the excitement (and suspense) early on with a short Super Bowl teaser that also calls attention to the brand's new drink formula, which was released in the middle of January.
The Mountain Dew Zero Sugar beverage substitutes sugar for a combination of acesulfame potassium, aspartame, and sucralose. The product is released under the slogan "as good as the original, maybe even better?' and the Super Bowl teaser boldly communicates this as someone vigorously writes the phrase over and over again on a typewriter. Ending with the #MTNDEWZeroSugar, the teaser ad already sets the pace.
MTN DEW Preemptively Captures Consumer Attention Ahead of the Super Bowl
1. Early Marketing Blitz - Brands are starting to create teaser ads ahead of major events like the Super Bowl to generate excitement and capture consumer attention early on.
2. Interactive Teaser Campaigns - Teaser ads that engage the audience and create suspense through interactive elements are becoming more popular, allowing brands to build anticipation leading up to the event.
3. Alternative Formulations - Companies are exploring new product formulations and boldly communicating their improved features and benefits to differentiate themselves from the competition.
1. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies like MTN DEW are leveraging teaser ads and highlighting innovative product formulations to captivate consumers in a competitive market.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry is witnessing a surge in pre-event marketing campaigns with teaser ads, offering new opportunities for creative agencies to engage clients and create buzz.
3. Consumer Goods Industry - Within the consumer goods industry, innovative product formulations and teaser campaigns are emerging as disruptive strategies to gain a competitive edge in the market.