Subtext by Wyatt Gallery is a series of photographs that captures the layers of glue, paper, and graffiti left behind from years of posted ads.
The series captures the impermanence of being in transit, as a commuter on the subway but also the frequency with which the advertisements are posted, taken down and replaced.
The Subtext by Wyatt Gallery is poignant especially in a time when physical print ads are largely being replaced, either by digital ads in the same space or by reaching out to consumers through a different medium, like social media. Wyatt Gallery attempts to honor the unintentional art created by the workers who pasted and removed such posters for decades.
Subtext by Wyatt Gallery is currently on exhibition at Foley Gallery in New York City.
Subtext by Wyatt Gallery Captures What Ads Have Left Behind
1. Layers of Impermanence - The Subtext series highlights the impermanence of traditional print ads, creating opportunities for disruptive innovations in digital advertising and targeted marketing strategies.
2. Unintentional Subway Art - The artistry found in the layers of glue, paper, and graffiti left behind on subway panels can inspire disruptive innovations in urban art installations and public space design.
3. Evolving Advertising Mediums - As physical print ads are being replaced by digital ads and social media marketing, there are opportunities for disruptive innovations in ad platforms, content creation, and data-driven advertising strategies.
1. Digital Advertising - The shift towards digital ads provides opportunities for disruptive innovations in ad targeting, personalized advertising, and immersive ad experiences.
2. Urban Art and Design - The unintended art found on subway panels opens up possibilities for disruptive innovations in urban art installations, interactive public displays, and creative use of public spaces.
3. Marketing and Advertising - With the changing landscape of advertising mediums, there are opportunities for disruptive innovations in marketing strategies, audience engagement, and leveraging data for effective campaigns.