As one browses through the fascinating series of vivacious and dramatic self-portrait captures by 23 year-old Zack Ahern, it would have dawned on the viewers that the self-taught photographer from Oklahoma seems to have been inspired by horror flicks from the likes of House of Wax, Saw and Final Destination, among others.
Just look at one of the pictures that features a head trap costume, or another depicting flame gushing out from an eye socket. The adventurous Ahern is often the model of his own shoot, as he smears his face and body parts with various substances, such as acrylic paints or karo syrup. He can also be seen drenched in fake blood and powdered with flour.
Ultimately, viewers could agree that Ahern’s insatiable passion for photography is clearly reflected in his impressive collection of creative works.
Zack Ahern Shows Passion and Determination Through His Works
1. Horror-inspired Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunities for camera and editing software companies to create features and filters that cater to this growing trend of horror-inspired photography.
2. Self-taught Artist Movement - Opportunities for education and training platforms to capitalize on the rise of self-taught artists like Zack Ahern who display unique and impressive collections of work.
3. Social Media Influencer Marketing - Brands targeting the horror and alternative lifestyle niche could partner with Zack Ahern and other emerging artists in this space to promote their products and reach a wider audience.
1. Photography - The photography industry could capitalize on the trend of horror-inspired photography by developing specialized lenses, equipment, and shooting techniques.
2. Art Education - The growing movement of self-taught artists like Zack Ahern presents opportunities for education and training platforms to offer unique curriculum and support for this demographic.
3. Fashion and Cosmetics - As the horror and alternative lifestyle niche develops, fashion and cosmetics brands could capitalize by offering products and collaborations that cater to this audience.