Lululemon's Strength to Be campaign serves as the lifestyle brand's first male-targeted initiative. The campaign extended the brand's philosophy of mindful living to encourage men to celebrate their "true selves and representing their own definitions of masculinity and strength."
Strength to Be consisted of five short films that featured inspirational men, and highlighted the different ways in which yoga and mindfulness can be leveraged to find inner strength and balance. One of the ad spots featured Ibn Ali Miller, a nonviolence and social justice activist who gained recognition after a video of him breaking up a fight went viral. In the video, Miler explains that his mother taught him that "A real man is a man that works on being a better man constantly.”
The move coincides with the brand's ABC pant line, which offers a more inclusive range of workout garments. Strength to Be encourages men to re-define dated masculine stereotypes in an attempt to uncover their true selves.
Image Credit: Lululemon, VIRTUE
Lululemon Targets Men with Its 'Strength to Be' Campaign
1. Mindful Masculinity - Opportunity for brands to encourage men to redefine dated masculine stereotypes in an attempt to uncover their true selves.
2. Male-centered Wellness Campaigns - Opportunity for lifestyle brands to extend their philosophy of mindful living and yoga to male demographics.
3. Inclusive Men's Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to offer a more inclusive range of workout garments to male customers.
1. Lifestyle Brands - Lifestyle brands can target male demographics with mindful living campaigns.
2. Wellness Industry - The wellness industry can expand its target audience to include male demographics.
3. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can expand their market by offering a more diverse line of workout garments for men.