Sticks & Stones Home can be called by whatever name cruel passersby want, but the home and its residents will hardly mind. Anyone looking on the home would be hard-pressed to come up with an apt insult anyway, as the attractively designed abode brings to bear the universally loved mid-century modern aesthetic of classic titans of architecture like Frank Lloyd Wright and Eero Saarinen.
Though the area in which Sticks & Stones Home is built, Hunters Hill, was subdivided from Sydney proper in the 19th century, not many of the surrounding homes adhere to the same mid-century modern stylings. Instead, many of the houses in the area make ample use of sandstone, with a Victorian height that juxtaposes against the expansive width of the classic architectural style. Sticks & Stones Home makes use of sandstone as well, but it builds that yellow stone into cobbled walls that transport one back in time.
Sticks & Stones Home is in the Sydney Suburb of Hunters Hill
1. Mid-century Modern Design - Opportunities for designers to incorporate mid-century modern aesthetic into new home constructions.
2. Sandstone Revival - Potential for renewed interest in the use of sandstone as building material for modern homes.
3. Nostalgic Cobblestone Walls - Incorporating cobbled walls into modern home designs for a unique, nostalgic look.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms can make use of mid-century modern design elements and cobbled walls to create unique, trend-setting homes.
2. Construction - Construction companies can specialize in building homes with sandstone walls for a distinct aesthetic.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can use mid-century modern design to create unique and stylish living spaces that incorporate historic elements into modern designs.