Traveling from coast to coast on an American road trip, Swiss photographer Steven Shaher documents his meals and the women who serve them in a series of subtly captivating pictures.
While many people have come across dogs who look like their owners, the same comparison would not likely be well received if it was made between a server and a plate of food. Nonetheless, the arrangement, color palette and mood of the entrees seems to resonate with the personality of the waitresses.
The food embodies the satisfaction of a wholesome meal after hours on the road while the pictures of the servers capture the individual persona of those whose lives are marked by hard work, resilience and wholesome personalities. The pairing of the two makes for an interesting metaphor for life on the road.
Steven Shaher Pairs Pictures of Meals with Servers
1. Road Trip Photography - There is an opportunity for photographers to document the unique experiences and visuals encountered during road trips.
2. Personality-based Pairings - Exploring the connection between a subject and their environment can create engaging and meaningful compositions.
3. Metaphorical Storytelling - Combining different elements to create metaphorical narratives can add depth and intrigue to visual storytelling.
1. Fine Art Photography - Fine art photographers can use the concept of juxtaposing subjects to create thought-provoking and visually appealing compositions.
2. Hospitality Industry - Restaurants and cafes can incorporate the idea of pairing food with the personalities of their servers to create a unique dining experience.
3. Travel and Tourism - Travel companies can highlight the connection between destinations and the people who work there to attract adventurous and curious travelers.