Designer Austin McAdams channels the grace and mystique of the legendary Holly Golightly character in this intricate steel chair creation.
Blurring the lines between memory and imagination, this seating defies all norms by disregarding the conventional structural elements of a common chair. Inspired by the designer's urban commute through San Diego during his time at grad school, the structure is composed of intersecting pathways that stop and start where they please with no regard for where materials are normally expected to interact.
Made entirely out of welded steel with a matte white powder coating, the Holly Golightly steel chair design has a caged look that encapsulates those who sit on it, acting as a twist to the classic lawn chair.
The Holly Golightly Steel Chair is a Creatively Welded Construction
1. Urban Commute Seating - An opportunity for designers to create seating solutions that prioritize comfort and functionality for urban commuters.
2. Intersecting Pathways Design - A chance for innovative furniture makers to explore unconventional structural elements and create visually captivating seating designs.
3. Caged Look Aesthetic - A trend for furniture designers to incorporate a caged look into their creations, providing a unique twist to classic chair designs.
1. Furniture Design - A disruptive innovation opportunity for furniture designers to experiment with unconventional materials and create visually stunning seating options.
2. Urban Transportation - An industry that can benefit from the development of ergonomic and comfortable seating solutions for urban commuters.
3. Interior Design - An opportunity for interior designers to incorporate visually striking seating designs into various spaces, adding an element of intrigue and uniqueness.