Suzumi Noda wants the world to stop being a slave to fashion labels. She says on her website that these are “doll binding clothes” meaning that the labels have no meaning, it is the person wearing the clothes that makes them fashionable
To make a real statement, Noda stitches together real fashion and brand labels to create pieces of clothes.
By wearing clothes simply because of the label is “binding” in the manner of Barbie dolls, and by wearing these clothes, a person enters “closed clothes.”
Suzumi Noda Statement Couture
1. Anti-label Fashion - Opportunities for designers to create clothing that subverts the traditional emphasis on branding and labels.
2. Upcycling - The practice of repurposing materials such as clothing labels can create environmentally sustainable fashion.
3. Celebration of Individuality - The trend towards clothing that celebrates unique personal style rather than conforming to fashion norms.
1. Fashion Design - Designers can create clothing by repurposing materials and subverting traditional labeling.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Upcycling and reducing the reliance on new materials can drive sustainable innovation.
3. Marketing and Branding - By highlighting the trend towards individuality, companies can subvert traditional notions of branding and tap into the desire for personal expression.