Although it's advised that you should never directly stare at the sun, this Oculus Rift experience makes it okay. With the Sunshine Observation Deck, you're able to see the giant star as you've never seen it before—in fact, you'll be seeing it through the eyes of the characters of the 2007 Danny Boyle film Sunshine.
Creator Julian Butler describes the fiery Sunshine Observation Deck as "One of the more calm" virtual reality experiences, which is probably a lot like watching the fireplace TV channel. While this simulated sci-fi experience may be lightyears ahead, it would be fun to put yourself in the shoes of someone who could be so close to the sun without damaging their skin and eyes.
This Oculus Rift Experience Has You Safely Stare at the Sun
1. Virtual Reality Sun Gazing - Opportunity for creating virtual reality experiences that simulate the sensation of safely observing the sun.
2. Immersive Film Experiences - Potential for creating immersive film experiences that allow viewers to see the world through the eyes of movie characters.
3. Simulated Sci-fi Experiences - Growing demand for simulated virtual reality experiences that transport users into the world of science fiction films.
1. Virtual Reality Entertainment - Disruption opportunities in the entertainment industry to develop virtual reality experiences that provide unique and safe experiences.
2. Film Industry - Innovation potential for the film industry to embrace immersive technologies and develop film experiences that go beyond traditional viewing.
3. Digital Gaming - Opportunity for the digital gaming sector to integrate virtual reality technology and create immersive sci-fi gaming experiences.