While plastic cups are ideal for outdoor use thanks to the disposable make, they aren't quite as classy as a wine glass, which is why designer Ramona Enache has created these spiked wine glasses that are safe to bring outside. The glasses feature an innovative bottomless design that renders the stem of the glass a peg that can be planted in the ground. This keeps the glass sturdy and securely in place till a sip is taken.
The glasses are fittingly known as Pointers thanks to their sharper stemmed bottom. The cup retains the aesthetic and sophistication of a traditional wine glass, while the peg base makes it ideal to rest upright and securely in sand, grass and soft ground terrain. The bottomless design doesn't alter how users hold the glass, since they grab the cup from the bowl.
The Pointer Cups Are Bottomless Design so the Stem Can Be Securely Planted
1. Outdoor Drinkware - Design innovations are needed to make traditional glassware more convenient and secure for outdoor use.
2. Multi-function Stemware - Glasses that serve multiple functions beyond holding beverages open up opportunities for innovative design.
3. Sustainability in Glassware - Consumers are looking for sustainable alternatives to disposable outdoor cups, creating an opportunity for eco-friendly outdoor drinkware.
1. Wine and Spirits - Innovative design opportunities exist in the wine and spirits industry to create products that meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - The hospitality and tourism industry could benefit from offering customers glassware that is secure and easy to use outside.
3. Housewares - Design-focused housewares brands have an opportunity to create multi-functional stemware that meets the needs of modern consumers.