Theme parks are usually centered around movie franchises or popular rides, but the 'Spamusement Park Project' set to be built in Beppu, Japan, is a very different type of theme park. The project, which was suggested and later approved by the city's mayor, will build a massive spa-themed amusement park in the town.
Though such a concept might seem bizarre, Beppu is the perfect city to host a spa-themed amusement park. The town has the world's highest yield of natural hot spring water. Using that natural resource, Beppu will build an entire park that combines the relaxation of a hot spring retreat with the fun and games of a carnival theme park.
The idea became a reality after the town council released a video depicting the concept that has since gone viral.
Beppu's 'Spamusement Park Project' Will Use the Town's Hot Springs
1. Spa-themed Amusement Parks - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unique experiences by combining relaxation and entertainment.
2. Hot Springs Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing attractions that capitalize on natural resources, like hot springs, to attract visitors.
3. Viral Marketing in Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging creative, viral marketing campaigns to promote unique destination concepts like a spa-themed amusement park.
1. Hospitality and Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing innovative attractions or concepts that enhance the overall visitor experience.
2. Entertainment and Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating unique themes or experiences into traditional amusement park settings.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing viral marketing strategies to generate buzz and attract customers to unique tourist destinations.