The economic downturn has taken its toll on many different kinds of families, a phenomenon that has led to the opening of Animal Board, the first-ever soup kitchen for pets in Berlin. It’s meant to cater to the four-legged friends of unemployed, homeless and financially unstable individuals.
Director Claudia Hollm emphasized the importance of animals in our daily lives. Hollm has received heavy criticism for her choice to collect money for dogs rather than for humans, according to Reuters. Animal Board receives sponsorship from several pet-related companies, including pet food producers.
Image Credit: preciouskhyatt | colros | faeryboots | Est Bleu2007 | Skye Suicide | Wrote | Tauri Tuubel | *Solar ikon* | preciouskhyatt | preciouskhyatt
The Animal Board
1. Pet Welfare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new services or products that focus on the welfare of pets during times of economic downturn.
2. Social Responsibility - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create programs or initiatives that address the needs of economically vulnerable individuals and their pets.
3. Niche Market - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the potential for specialized products or services targeting financially unstable individuals and their pets.
1. Pet Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create affordable and nutritious pet food options for financially unstable pet owners.
2. Animal Welfare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative solutions to provide healthcare and support for pets belonging to economically vulnerable individuals.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish non-profit organizations that focus on providing resources and assistance for pets in families impacted by economic downturns.