KINZO designed the new SoundCloud offices in Berlin, Germany.
The internationally recognized online platform relocated to a building that was formerly a brewery. The headquarters span 4,000 square meters allocated over three levels. Though the office will only need to accommodate approximately 180 Berlin employees as of right now, the space can contain up to 350 work spaces, in the event of expansion.
The object of the design was to create a space that encourages creativity and innovation. The architects preserved the building's raw, industrial vibe by leaving the brickwork and technical installations exposed. More importantly, they created a series of flexible, themed spaces that foster the spirit of creative exchange. Moving through the office, the design transitions from urban-factory to intimate living room, so you're covered during crunch time, and nap time.
The SoundCloud Offices Embody an Unfinished Appeal
1. Industrial Loft Design - Opportunity to create innovative office spaces that combine raw, industrial elements with flexible, themed areas for increased creativity and collaboration.
2. Creative Exchange Spaces - Opportunity to design offices with a variety of flexible areas that transition from urban-factory to intimate living room, promoting a conducive environment for creative exchange.
3. Adaptive Workspaces - Opportunity to create offices that can accommodate varying numbers of employees and adapt to future expansion needs.
1. Architecture and Design - Opportunity for architects and designers to create innovative office spaces that combine raw, industrial elements with flexible, themed areas for increased creativity and collaboration.
2. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to design offices with creative exchange spaces that foster a conducive environment for innovation and collaboration.
3. Real Estate - Opportunity for real estate developers to create adaptive workspaces that can accommodate varying numbers of employees and adapt to future expansion needs.