A group of British entrepreneurs has created the Sochi 2014 Glove of Love, a cheeky product intended to keep hand warm while mounting a social protest against Russia’s infamous "gay propaganda" laws.
The single white mitten fits two hands and has the Olympic rings stitched onto the back so onlookers cannot mistake the commentary being made. Made from 100% cotton and lines with fleece to keep hands warm during the winter weather, the glove is the perfect way for straight couples, gay couples, friends and family members to keep warm and silently express their views on Russia’s treatment of the queer community while the whole world is watching.
The proceeds of the sales of the Sochi 2014 Glove of Love (almost 50% of the profits) will be donated toAmnesty International, a group dedicated to helping individuals persecuted and imprisoned by their government.
The Sochi 2014 Glove of Love Will Keep Couples and Activists Warm
1. Social Activism Apparel - Opportunity for creating fashion items that express social commentary and support a cause.
2. Silent Protests - Potential for products that allow individuals to express their views without speaking out.
3. Philanthropic Fashion - Demand for clothing items that contribute to charitable causes.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can create apparel that serves as a platform for social activism.
2. Activism - Opportunity for organizations to develop and distribute products that support silent protests.
3. Charity - Charitable organizations can collaborate with fashion brands to raise funds through philanthropic fashion items.