With a simple snow maze set up in Sweden, designers Christian Strömqvist and Karl-Johan Ekeroth dazzled kids and adults alike. To create the awesome outdoor maze in a week, the pair worked with the iconic ICEHOTEL, LKAB, utility company Tekniska Verken and kids from the Hjalmar Lundbomsskolan.
The structure was made up of curious walls, windows, slides and cut-out shapes that called for people of all ages to play. Keeping safety in mind, height and speed were taken into the consideration when creating the icy slides. Although putting together this outdoor snow maze was definitely a team effort, it goes to show how much fun can be had thanks to nature at almost no cost, as well as how physical activity can easily be worked into the chilly winter season.
Sweden's Wintry Maze Encourages Outdoor Play in Adults and Kids
1. Outdoor Play - Creating engaging outdoor play experiences using natural materials like snow can encourage physical activity in both kids and adults.
2. Collaborative Design - Collaborative efforts between designers, companies, and local communities can result in innovative and exciting public installations.
3. Safety-conscious Design - Designing with safety considerations in mind, such as height and speed, can enhance the enjoyment of interactive installations.
1. Recreational Facilities - Recreational facilities can explore creating unique outdoor play spaces that incorporate elements like snow mazes to attract visitors.
2. Outdoor Tourism - The outdoor tourism industry can leverage natural elements, such as snow mazes, to enhance winter destinations and attract more visitors.
3. Education - Educational institutions can incorporate interactive outdoor installations like snow mazes to promote physical activity and outdoor learning experiences.