'MySleepRate' is a sleep app that aims to help insomniacs get a better night's sleep. It's estimated that somewhere between 50-70 million people in the US suffer from insomnia and it's become such a problem, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) called insufficient sleep a public health epidemic.
The MySleepRate app monitor automatically tracks a user's sleep patterns, using algorithms that were developed at the sleep clinic at Stanford’s School of Medicine. Other unique features of the app include snore analysis, a heart rate monitor, which will all work together towards generating a 'Sleep Improvement Plan.'
SleepRate claims that its MySleepRate app has had an 85% success rate in studies, So if you could use a good rest, the app is worth a try — it's free after all.
The SleepRate Sleep App Tracks Patterns to Provide a Better Rest
1. Sleep-monitoring Apps - There's a disruptive innovation opportunity to create more sleep apps (e.g. utilizing AI technology) as the insomnia problem increases in the US.
2. Personalized Fitness Wearables - Companies who specialize in wearables can expand their product line to develop gadgets that monitor sleep patterns and generate insight exercises, health advice, and sleep improvement plans.
3. Digital Therapeutics - There's a growing trend in the healthcare market to utilize digital technology that could potentially cure insomnia for the long run, a space that health-centric tech startups should consider.
1. Healthcare and Medical Industries - Sleep-cure tech (digital therapeutics) is an area of increasing interest within these industries, providing an opportunity to research misdiagnoses and poor treatments for sleep disorders.
2. Technology Industry - AI technology and big data analytics are options within the tech space that business leaders should consider for developing smart sleep apps and software.
3. Wearable Technology Industry - Wearable companies can develop their brand to introduce personalized sleep wearables that monitor sleep patterns, generate smart fitness suggestions, and provide personalized sleep improvement recommendations.