Inspired by a large forest surrounding Magnor Glassverk, a glass company located in Eidskog, Norway, the Skog Lamps take on the shapes of different trees. Skog happens to be the Norwegian word for 'forest.' Stout, tall, long and wide, these Skog Lamps are cartoonish in a delicate way. That is because each one is made out of mouth blown crystal glass. Nevertheless, they are grounded by a wooden oak base, giving them weight and added texture.
Created by Norwegian designer Caroline Olsson, the Skog Lamps may function mainly as table lamps since they are relatively small, but they can also be placed individually or as a group on the ground to create one's own whimsical forest. The Skog Lamps are available in three different shapes and colors.
Caroline Olsson's Skog Lamps are Delicately Cartoonish
1. Forest-inspired Lighting - Opportunity for glass and lighting industries to tap into the trend of nature-inspired designs.
2. Handcrafted Glass Design - Potential for small-scale glass manufacturers to capitalize on the demand for unique, hand-crafted lighting pieces.
3. Multifunctional Lighting - Opportunity to explore how these whimsical lamps could be used as both practical and decorative lighting elements in various spaces.
1. Glass Manufacturing - Glass manufacturers can diversify their offerings by creating nature-inspired glass designs for the home decor market.
2. Lighting Design - Lighting designers can experiment with how to incorporate nature-inspired elements into their work to create unique, visually striking pieces.
3. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor retailers to incorporate whimsical elements like these handcrafted Skog lamps to add a touch of playfulness to any space.