Sinsemil.la is an underground dining club in NYC. Beyond its covert operation, what sets this establishment apart is the fact that it specializes in creating elaborate marijuana-infused dishes. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "eating green."
The dishes are created by coupling the plant with food that complement its flavor, as well as its mind-altering effects. The meals themselves are a work of art, featuring locally sourced and organically farmed ingredients.
Photographer Justin Walker was appointed by the restaurant to take some photographs, proving that the meals are as fun to look at as they are to eat. Walker was assisted by prop stylist Kaitlyn Du Ross and food stylist Chris Lanier. These images will definitely change the way you think about marijuana, a plant with a PR problem. Instead of being a totem of unrefined stoner culture, the plant is elevated into something tasteful and sophisticated.
Sinsemil.la Specializes in Green Cuisine
1. Marijuana-infused Cuisine - Opportunity to create innovative culinary experiences by combining marijuana with food.
2. Artistic Food Presentation - Chance to explore creative and visually appealing ways to present dishes.
3. Changing Perceptions of Marijuana - Potential to shift public opinion towards viewing marijuana as a refined and sophisticated ingredient.
1. Restaurant and Catering - Restaurants can offer unique marijuana-infused menus to attract adventurous diners.
2. Food Styling - Food stylists can specialize in creating visually stunning presentations for marijuana-infused dishes.
3. Cannabis Industry - Marijuana producers and manufacturers can explore partnerships with chefs and restaurants to develop innovative marijuana-infused products.