The SIH eVTOL concept has been designed by Fenton Robathan as a glimpse into the future of transportation that sees automotive styling merged with the aircraft research of NASA.
The aircraft features a sculptural aesthetic that will change in shape according to the operation, which will help with takeoffs, quick transportation between locations and much more. The unit boasts a total of eight electric motors that provide power to four sets of contra-rotating propellers to seamlessly lift the vehicle into flight and allow for smooth transitions during operation.
The SIH eVTOL concept is outfitted with a hybrid power source that consists of hydrogen fuel cells and a small battery that work in tandem to provide extended flight time thanks to their lightweight design.
The SIH eVTOL Concept was Designed by Fenton Robathan
1. Sculptural Urban Transportation Aircrafts - Opportunity for design-centric companies to create innovative and visually appealing urban transportation aircrafts.
2. Automotive-aircraft Hybrid Design - Potential for convergence of automotive and aircraft industries to create efficient and versatile transportation solutions.
3. Hybrid Power Sources in Aviation - Disruptive opportunity for companies to develop lightweight and eco-friendly propulsion systems for extended flight time.
1. Aerospace - Aerospace industry can explore the creation of futuristic and adaptable urban transportation aircrafts.
2. Automotive - Automotive industry can consider adopting aircraft-inspired design elements to enhance efficiency and aesthetics of vehicles.
3. Renewable Energy - Renewable energy sector can develop advanced hybrid power sources suitable for aviation applications, such as hydrogen fuel cells combined with lightweight batteries.