The familiarity, the nostalgia and bold aesthetic behind this cinema signage packaging makes the design an incredibly successful one. Made for the Museum of the Moving Image, these treats are perfectly labeled products to market the medium celebrated within this New York City gallery.
Vadim Skorobogatyy laid out the chocolate bar packaging like the billboards over the flashy entrances of vintage movie theaters. He took eight titles from classic films and spelled them out in black caps typography, as if they were arranged from collections of pinup letters. 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' and 'A Shot in the Dark' are described as entertainment starring "White Chocolate & Vanilla," "Dark Chocolate & Cranberry" and the like. The iconic black-and-white designs are complete with the track lines found on retro sign boards for a captivating packaging strategy.
Moving Image Chocolate Bars Feature Titles of Eight Classic Movies
1. Retro-themed Packaging - Designing packaging that taps into nostalgia and vintage aesthetics can create a strong emotional connection with consumers.
2. Movie-inspired Packaging - Incorporating elements of classic movies into packaging design can attract film enthusiasts and create a sense of excitement.
3. Creative Typography - Exploring unique typography styles and arrangements can make packaging stand out and capture consumer attention.
1. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can leverage retro-themed packaging and movie-inspired designs to enhance the appeal of their products.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can collaborate with product manufacturers to create movie-inspired packaging that promotes their films or television shows.
3. Design and Advertising - The design and advertising industry can explore creative typography techniques to offer innovative packaging solutions for various products.