The Blackpool Showzam festival totally seems like my kind of festival; it's also held at out-of-season seaside resorts like Blackpool, which makes me love it even more.
Showzam is a festival of extremes. This year's convention centered on a Marisa Carnesky’s Ghost Train. This attraction had been touring for years but moved to Blackpool permanently in 2008. It is the ultimate in ghost trains, combining mechanical mannequins with live actors.
This looks like an amazing place to have been on a miserable February day in the UK.
Blackpool Showzam is a Celebration of Extremes
1. Seaside Festival Revival - The rise of unique festivals in off-season beach locations is an opportunity for event planners to create novel experiences for attendees.
2. Immersive Attractions - Incorporating live actors into mechanical attractions like ghost trains provides an opportunity for amusement parks to take rides to the next level.
3. Extreme Entertainment - Focusing on extreme and thrilling experiences can differentiate festivals and events in a crowded market.
1. Event Planning - The emergence of unconventional festivals in unexpected locations is a chance for event planners to create unique experiences that break from the norm.
2. Amusement Parks - Amusement parks can capitalize on the trend of adding live actors to mechanical attractions to create more immersive experiences for park guests.
3. Entertainment - The trend towards extreme and thrilling entertainment experiences presents opportunities for companies in the entertainment industry to develop novel and exciting offerings.