Nissan's #SheDrives campaign is the car company's celebration of a changing Saudi Arabia. In September of 2018, Saudi Arabia officially lifted its ban on female drivers. This initiative was led by the current crown prince's commitment to integrate more liberal reforms to the country. Nissan has decided to celebrate this new reform with a new commercial campaign, in which a group of Saudi women share their views on being able to drive in public. The campaign was created by Dubai-based TBWARAAD, a company known for its advertisements for CNN, Apple, Gatordae, Infiniti and many more.
Nissan's #SheDrives campaign is a wonderful offering from the automotive giant that is sure to appease a host of viewers. The ad is incredibly heartwarming, while also taking a certain stance on women's rights. In this campaign, Nissan seems to be accomplishing two things. Firstly, that brand presents itself as a company with humanistic values and aligns itself with more liberal-minded buyers. Secondly, Nissan is now cementing a place in the Saudi market with this ad supporting the change in the country.
The #SheDrives Campaign is Nissan's Celebration of Social Change
1. Social Change Celebrations - Other companies can celebrate social changes in different parts of the world to establish a connection with local audiences and align their brand with progressive values.
2. Humanistic Branding - Businesses can present themselves as companies with humanistic values and align themselves with more liberal-minded audiences.
3. Feminist Advertising - More companies can create ads that celebrate feminism and women's rights to appeal to a growing female customer base and differentiate themselves from competitors.
1. Automotive - Car companies can create campaigns celebrating social changes in different parts of the world to appeal to local audiences and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Marketing & Advertising - More companies can create ads that celebrate social changes, promote progressive values, and differentiate themselves from competitors.
3. Women's Rights - Organizations that advocate for women's rights can partner with businesses to create ads that celebrate feminism and promote social change.